Earlier today, FLIR announced the completely redesigned Exx-Series of advanced thermal imaging cameras for electro-mechanical, plant, and building maintenance professionals. With four new models – the FLIR E95, E85, E75 and E53 - that offer a range of resolution capabilities, the cameras are a generational, technological leap that will help make it easier and faster for professionals to find heat related trouble spots and fix them before they become big, costly problems.
With this in mind, here are five key design and feature advancements that make the Exx-Series the new go-to thermal cameras for maintenance pros.
- Intelligent, interchangeable lenses – Not only does the new Exx-Series introduce interchangeable lenses in 24 degree, 42 degree and 14 degree fields of view, the lenses are also more intelligent. Older cameras required a manual calibration before adding new lenses, but now the lenses auto-calibrate, helping pros save time.
- Highest resolution screen – Simply put, the Exx-Series touchscreen offers the best imagery we’ve ever created for our thermal cameras. It’s 33 percent brighter with vivid colors that are visible for up to 160 degree viewing angle. Plus, the combination of a larger visible lens, our MSX® image enhancement, and UltraMax® super-resolution technology, improves image depth and clarity while also boosting the effective resolution by four times – up to 645,888 pixels – and thermal sensitivity up to 50 percent.
- Laser distance measurement – The Exx-Series offers more than just a laser pointer. These cameras also have a laser receiver, so it can calculate distances between the camera and a target. This not only improves the autofocus response, but also adds critical data for reporting.
- On-screen area measurement – When scanning an area with the E85 and E95 models specifically, you can set a measurement box over a target and use laser distance measurement to calculate the square area inside that box. The camera saves the area measurement along with other image data, so you can create detailed reports that lead to faster repairs.
- Larger screen, rugged design – Not only is the new touchscreen larger (at four inches) the Exx-Series cameras also feature a rugged, water-resistant, drop-tested design, and scratch-resistant Dragontrail™ cover glass. This is a camera designed for everyday use, and will be ready to go when you need it.
*Please contact us for further information